Experience reliability for years to come while also saving money and energy with the Ruud RGFG Ultra Series Gas Furnace. This high efficiency, ENERGY STAR qualified series is engineered so that you don't have to think about being comfortable in your home, you just are.
- The Comfort Control2 System Provides advanced service-ability with over 28 on-board diagnostics and fault history codes by detecting system and electrical problems. Call for Service alert notification is sent to the thermostat to alert the homeowner of required service. This includes dual seven segments LED and diagnostic history for easier system diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Serial Communication Enhanced When installed with a Serial Communicating Condensing Unit and user interface control RHCTST550CMMS)500 Series thermostat this unit offers 4 or 2 wire installation, auto-configuration, and diagnostic messaging with full communicating capability.
- Motor and Blower Compartment Energy efficient and quiet ECM 3.0 communicating motor. An insulated blower compartment, a slow-open gas valve, specially designed 2-speed induced draft motor and blower motor make it one of the most reliable and quietest furnaces on the market today.
- Modulating Function When used with a modulating thermostat, modulation rate between 40% and 100% of total capacity. When used with a two-stage thermostat, furnace operates at 40% on first stage, & stages up to 65%, then 100% for second stage. When used with a single-stage thermostat, furnace functions as a three stage furnace operating at 40%, 65% & 100% of total capacity.
- Cabinet & Design The units are constructed with Pre-paint galvanized steel cabinets for added reliability & durability. Solid doors & easy door removal & replacement makes for an easier time with service-ability. Also, all models are equipped with a molded permanent filter & right, left, or top side gas & electric inlet connections.
- Patented Heat Exchanger Primary heat exchanger constructed of aluminized steel and secondary heat exchanger constructed of stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance and thermal fatigue reliability.
- Direct Spark Ignition & Remote Sensor The direct spark ignition with reduced firing rates is an efficient method of gas ignition while the remote flame sensor monitors the flame. For added safety & personal peace of mind the direct spark ignition with remote sensor will lock out system after trial for ignition if main burner fails to ignite.